Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for 12:
- 4tbsp coconut oil
- 2 middle size eggs
- 1 dl sugar
- 200g dried grated coconut /ca 5,5 dl/
- grated peel of two limes /or one lemon/ – better the ecological
- Bowl /at least 1 liter/
- Table spoon or wooden spoon to blend
- Two table spoons
- Baking plate
- Baking paper
- Listen to this Baking coconut/lime song.
- Set the oven to 175 °C.
- Blend eggs and sugar together in the bowl.
- Add the dried coconut, lime peel and the coconut oil and blend together to a dough.
- Let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- Use two table spoons to get similar sized 12 pieces on the plate with baking paper.
- Use your fingers to sculpture it up to your satisfaction.
- Put in the oven for about 15 minutes. /if you made smaller bits and have around 30 of them now, bake it only for about 10 minutes/
- Let it cool down and serve with a smile.
- Taste it and think about upgrades.
- Tidy up.
- Leave a comment.
Ideas for upgrade:
- X-mass version: Instead of the lime, use orange peel and add saffran into the dough.
- Banana/alcohol-lovers version: Add a bit of banana, rum and vanilla powder into the dough.
Recipe inspired by: www.arla.se – kokostoppar /Swedish/
Photographer: Klara Kvicerova, 2016