Time: 55 minutes
Ingredients for pie form ⌀ 24cm :
- 2 tbsp oil (coconut, rapeseed, olive, sunflower…not flaxseed! – it’s sensitive to heat)
- 3 tbsp shredded dried coconut
- 3 apples, cored
- handful of raisins, put them in a cup of water to soak for few minutes
- 3 tbsp wallnuts
- 3 dl almond flour /or just run 150g unpeeled almonds through mixer into powder/
- 2 dl powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 – 3 dl raw cranberry jam or any other jam, preferably onto the sour side of taste
Ingredients for sauce/sweet dip (it’s delicious even without the dip, quite sweet):
- 2 dl soyagurt
- 1/2 corn starch (Maizena)
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- a pinch of vanilla pulver
- Bowl /at least 1 liter/
- Small bowl /ca 0,25 – 0,5 liter/
- Table spoon
- Knife / Cutting board
- Baking form (ca 24cm diameter, if round)
- Wooden spoon to blend
- Blender /if you got whole almonds instead of almond flour/
- Listen to this Baking song.
- Set the oven to 200 °C.
- Oil the bottom of the baking form and cover it and sides with shredded coconut.
- Core unpeeled apples and cut them into slim slices and place them nicely at the bottom of the form.
- Drain raisins and spread them randomly over apples in the form.
- Spread walnuts over it as well.
- If you got whole almonds, run them through a blender now to get smooth powder, otherwise use the almond flour and mix it in a bowl with 2 dl powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread the dry mixture over apples and raisins.
- Place the form into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix the jam in the jar with a spoon so it gets smooth and easy to spread.
- Take the form out of the oven and spread the jam over it.
- Place it back to oven for another 20 minutes.
- For dip/sauce, blend all the dip ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Let it cool down and decorate with a bit of dried coconut.
- Taste it and think about upgrades.
- Tidy up.
- Leave a comment.
Recipe inspired by: Det vegetariska köket (Swedish), Lotta Brinck and Nisse Peterson
Photographer: Klara Kvicerova, 2016