Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for the dough:
- 125 g butter
- 3 dl flour (gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
Ingredients for the coconut marzipan filling:
- 250 g marzipan
- 1 1/2 dl dried grated coconut
- 3/4 sugar
- 50 g butter, room-temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp flour (gluten-free)
- 1/2 liter berries – e.g. strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, …
- 1/4 dl dried grated coconut (for decorating at the end)
- Table spoon
- Knife / Cutting board
- Big bowl
- Baking form (ca 28cm diameter, round)
- Wooden spoon to blend or a blender
- Listen to this Baking song.
- Cut the butter into cubes and blend all ingredients for the dough together. Use a blender if you got one.
- Push the dough into the baking form with your fingers. Penetrate it with a fork here and there. Leave it in fridge for about 30 min to set.
- Set the oven to 200 °C.
- Put the dough in baking form into the oven for 10 min and lower the temperature to 175 °C.
- Now to the delicious part. Grate marzipan roughly. Blend it with coconut, sugar and butter. Add eggs (one at the time).
- Spread the marzipan goodness to the form and cover with berries.
- Put it to the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Let it cool down and decorate with a bit of dried coconut.
- Taste it and think about upgrades.
- Tidy up.
- Leave a comment.
Recipe: Allt om den goda maten Pajer (Swedish)
Photographer: Klara Kvicerova, 2015