Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 500g celery – cleaned and cut into 1cm cubes
- 750ml water
- 1 sour apple (Granny Smith)
- 250ml cream cheese (e.g. Creme Bonjour)
- 50g butter
- salt, pepper to taste
- 150g blue cheese
- cinnamon to decorate
- Big pot
- Cutting board & knife
- In a frying pan, fry chopped onion on the butter for about 2 min.
- Add celery and fry 4 more minutes.
- Add water and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Peel and core the apple and cut few slices for decoration. Cut the rest into small cubes and add into the soup.
- Boil for another 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the hob off and add cream cheese.
- Mix well with hand-mixer.
- Decorate with small bits of blue cheese and slices of apple with little cinnamon.
- Taste it and think about upgrades.
- Tidy up.
- Let me know about your production in a comment.
Recipe: Variation of Hana Micholupu’s Carrot Creamy Soup with Ginger (The Recipes From Farmers Market”
Photographer: Klara Kvicerova, 2015 /my apologies for the quality, my camera got broken so this is just a phone picture to rough illustration