Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 6 large carrots /ca 600 g
- 20 g butter + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion /finely chopped
- 750 g chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 cm fresh ginger /peeled and roughly grated
- 1 lime or 2 oranges
- 2 dl crème fraîche
- 1/2 chilli pepper – if you dare.
- handful of fresh coriander to garnish
- salt och pepper
- spices to taste: cayenne pepper, chilli, coriander, nutmeg, lemon grass, cinnamon
- Big pot
- Cutting board & knife
- Clean the carrot and cut it to ca 5cm cubes.
- In the big pot melt butter and olive oil.
- Add onion, carrots and stir untill onion gets glass-look.
- Add stock, ginger and bring to boil.
- Boil for 10 min until the carrots get soft.
- Mix the soup with hand-mixer to the smooth cream.
- Add juice from lime or orange.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Taste it and think about upgrades.
- Tidy up.
- Let me know about your production in a comment.
Recipe: Variation of Hana Micholupu’s Carrot Creamy Soup with Ginger (The Recipes From Farmers Market”
Photographer: Klara Kvicerova, 2015 /my apologies for the quality, my camera got broken so this is just a phone picture to rough illustration